Transfer credits will only be accepted on courses and degrees from a regionally accredited institution or those nationally accredited by accrediting agencies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (e.g., SACS, TRACS, ABHE, etc.). Applicants must request that official transcripts be sent directly from the registrar(s) of the previous school(s) to the registrar’s office at Legacy Bible College. These transcripts must be received before the end of the student’s first semester. Transcripts are evaluated by the registrar’s office.
Courses may transfer if they can be applied in the student’s program of study, and they remain in the same course family. Additionally, courses of the same name, type, or place in a degree program may also transfer.
It is the policy of the Legacy Bible College(LBC) to consider any credits earned at other accredited institutions. Credits acceptable for transfer must meet the following criteria:
- Courses considered for transfer must be similar in level and content to LBC courses
- A grade of C or better is required for the course being considered for transfer
- Courses for which Pass/Fail grades are awarded will generally not be considered for transfer
- Transfer credits are accepted on a case-by-case basis
LBC reserves the right to withhold recognition of any credits received at any college or university that does not, in the opinion of the Academic Dean (or designated representatives), meet the reasonable academic standards.
- Remedial or Preparatory courses (typically courses numbered 1-99)
- College orientation courses
- Courses with “Pass”/”Fail” grades or “Satisfactory” grades (unless “P” is equivalent to a “C” or higher on the transcript)
- Continuing Education Credits (CEU)
In order to receive an official transcript evaluation for transfer credit, students must request an official transcript to be sent to:
Legacy Bible College
Office of the Registrar
6806 Whitesburg Dr.
Huntsville, AL 35806